NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recently read: Elizabeth Ironside’s The Accomplice


Like Ironside’s first book, Death in the Garden, this is a griping read for intelligent readers who appreciate a well-drawn plot, complex characters, and a sense of time and place. This novel takes place in contemporary England, although the events of the present are rooted in the past. Jean Loftus is a long-time resident of a charming village, much loved by her family and her neighbors. A skeleton in the garden, a persistent Russian student, and the long shadow of Russia during the revolution cast doubt on Jean’s personal history. Jean’s dear friend, Zita, tries to protect her, wondering as she does so if her own actions make her an accomplish to whatever dark acts were buried long ago.

No comments: