NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Recently read: Margaret Frazer’s The Hunter’s Tale


There are a lot of excellent mystery series out there set in a variety of eras. Frazer’s books take place in England in the fifteenth century. The detective is a wise nun, Dame Frevisse, whose curiosity just can’t be reeled in. In this book, Frevisse is asked to provide comfort and companionship to a widow and her children after the murder of their husband and father. The comfort is not because of the loss of a much-loved man, but because of the hatred and viciousness of the man when he was alive. This is a complicated look into a dysfunctional family who nevertheless have maintained their humanity. A very enjoyable read.

No comments: