NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Saturday, October 13, 2007

Critique service for fiction

Writing is a solitary occupation. Online or in-person critique services and workshops help.

In my Written Communications class, one of the things I am constantly preaching is that the more eyes reading, the better. While friends and family are helpful, when you are serious about getting published, nothing beats having a professional do some constructive editing. At the San Francisco Writers Conference in February, I met the Montana author Teresa Bodwell, who was one of the fiction workshop speakers. She is one of the many people with whom I keep in touch. Recently she emailed me that she and several other writers have started a critique group. Be sure to check out the web site at http://www.athenacrits.com/ In addition, they hold workshops on writing. There is one starting on Monday (sorry for the late notice) 10/15 through 10/26, titled “Hook’em and Hold’em.” There are a number of other workshops scheduled at http://www.athenacrits.com/?page_id=24

No comments: