NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, October 28, 2007

November is National Novel Writing Month

Watch the clock and set your mind to write a certain number of minutes (or hours) a day.

Here’s the challenge—write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November (short month, so you only get 30 days!). Maybe this is the impetus you need to at least get going. You can make the commitment to JUST DO IT at this web site: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

According to the web site, this is “a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.
Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.”

No comments: