NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, December 21, 2007

Erica’s healthy tips for surviving the holidays without having a heart attack



Speaking from experience, it is not a good idea to substitute two egg-nog-and-rums for lunch.


Forget wrapping gifts if you’re pressed for time. Use the store bag and consider it to be recycling. You save time, money, and get to feel like you are a conservationist (this is Carl’s holiday wisdom contribution).


While pretending to be a conservationist, be careful not to turn the thermostat down too much in an effort to save energy costs. Hypothermia is a very real danger.


Remember that walking from store to store is exercise.


Stock up on books you’ve been wanting to read so if you’re snowbound, you’ll be happy about it.

No comments: