NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Saturday, December 15, 2007

A reading list for the holidays





  • Erica's Suggestions for Holiday Reading, in no particular order:
  • Jean Shepard's Christmas Story, and then watch the movie again

  • Smilla’s Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg

  • Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome

  • Any P.G. Wodehouse novel

  • Any Angela Thirkell novel

  • Thunder Bay by William Kent Krueger

  • Shelter for the Spirit by Victoria Moran

  • Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi

  • Desert Queen by Janet Wallach

  • French Ways and their Meaning by Edith Wharton

  • It’s Hard to Make a Difference When You Can’t Find Your Keys by Marilyn Paul

  • Death in a Prairie House: Frank Lloyd Wright and the Taliesin Murders by William R. Drennan (actually, I don’t have this one on my shelf yet—it’s on my Christmas list)

No comments: