NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ficlets: really really short stories

My collage "Once upon a time," which I created to inspire me to write more short stories.

Want some help starting a writing habit? Want story ideas? Want some incentive for daily creativity? Want to impose some discipline on yourself and your writing? Check out http://ficlets.com/ and join in the ficlet-writing brigade. Ficlets are very short stories with a maximum character count of 1,024. Write your ficlet using their suggested topics or using your own, and then submit it. You can read other ficlets and write the sequels, or give someone’s ficlet a new ending. The web site describes ficlets as “literary Legos.” I love the idea!

3 comments:

nickb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nickb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nickb said...

Hi Erica,

If you enjoy Ficlets, you may also want to check out Protagonize (http://www.protagonize.com), a collaborative creative fiction writing community. It doesn't work quite the same way, as the focus is slightly different, but if you enjoy creative writing you might like it as well.