NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Author Michael Schein is an example of good marketing



I met Schein at the San Francisco Writers Conference and we keep in touch. I recently got an email from him with the good news that his book, Just Deceits: A Historical Courtroom Mystery, is scheduled for release next month. You can read about it in more detail at his web site, http://www.michaelschein.com/, where you can also pre-order it.

Schein knows how to use his writers’ network by keeping us informed about his writing and by clearly asking us to let others know about his book. Writers can no longer hunch over their typewriters, not worrying their pretty little heads about selling their books. We all have to pitch in, market our books, and support other writers in their marketing efforts.

No comments: