NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Humber School for Writers



Located in Toronto, the Humber School offers a post-graduate correspondence program in Creative Writing. Acceptance to the program includes submitting writing a sample according to strict professional standards. One of the things I like about the Humber program is that the school requires prospective students to meet high standards—a good sign in this era of colleges and universities dumbing down their entry requirements, classes, and grades to get the most number of students. Once accepted, students work on their novels, books of short stories, volumes of poetry, or works of creative nonfiction with individual faculty members. For people serious about their goals, whether in writing, academia, or the professions, going the easy route is never wise. The Humber School sounds as if it is well worth your time and money, plus the school even has a literary agency established to help graduates in finding publishers. What a great benefit! For more information, visit http://creativeandperformingarts.humber.ca/content/home.html

No comments: