NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recently read: Donna Leon’s Fatal Remedies



I love these books revealing Commissario Brunetti as he quietly goes about his work of keeping Venice safe. In this one, he and his wife, Paola, must look at their mutual values and their differing ways of acting on those values. Sex tours to the Orient, tainted medicines, toxic families, and political machinations are all present and accounted for. We get to follow Brunetti as he walks the back alleys and rides the vaporetti (water buses) of this glamorous and sinking city.

No comments: