NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, December 20, 2010

Recently read: Christi Phillips’ The Rossetti Letter



I love mysteries that bounce between the past and the present, weaving clues and facts and characters. In this one, Phillips provides us with a compelling story of a beautiful (fictional) courtesan whose role in the Spanish plot to overthrow the Republic of Venice in 1618 (fact) has intrigued a PhD candidate, Claire Donovan, whose dissertation attempts to clarify the role of the elusive Alessandra Rossetti. Donovan, meanwhile, has to fight her way through jealous academics and romance in contemporary Venice. Fun to read and well-done.

No comments: