NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Recently read: Louise Penny’s A Rule Against Murder


I’m working my way through these wonderful books sent in the rural countryside in Quebec. The detective, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, reminds me (other than their mutual “Frenchness”) of one of the most compelling detectives of the 20th century: Georges Simeon’s Inspector Maigret. As are all the books in Gamache’s series, this one is takes him to the picturesque village of Three Pines, where a dead body turns up at a family reunion.

No comments: