NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, June 27, 2008

Books, blogs and traditional coverage



One of my reading spots: there's never a doubt that books are important at my house.

There was an interesting program recently on public radio about changes in traditional coverage of literature and publishing. Some of the reasons for this include the growth of blogs and web sites that provide reviews and opinions. Yes, my blog would be one of those! Guests on the program included Steve Wasserman: Director of literary agency Kneerim & Williams and former editor of the Los Angeles Times Book Review; C. Max Magee: Editor of The Millions, a Web site about books, reading, and the book culture; and Chris Lavin: Senior Editor for special sections at the San Diego Union Tribune. Listen to the program on Minnesota Public Radio here
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/06/12/midmorning2/ Note: when I double-checked this link, I got the MPR web site and a statement that the program was not found. I searched using the agency Kneerim & Williams and got the program and the same link, so it’s still available.

1 comment:

Eric said...

First, let me congratulate you on choosing a wonderful quote for your blog slogan!

Second, I look forward to reading your blog as a writer, a reader, and an educator.

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity."
Aristotle