NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, June 29, 2008

School of the Arts at Rhinelander



The University of Wisconsin and a number of community partners and donors sponsor this week-long series of workshops in the beautiful north woods at Rhinelander, Wisconsin. It begins July 20 and runs through July 25. Individual workshop enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, so it pays to enroll early at http://www.soa.dcs.wisc.edu/ or http://www.dcs.wisc.edu/lsa/soa/ The excellent curricula include classes on Art/Folk Art, Computer Arts, Mind/Body/Spirit, Music, Photography, Theater/Drama, and Writing. Skill levels run from beginner through advanced. A friend of mine is enrolled in the writing series this summer and I am envious. You can earn university credit, network, recharge your creativity, learn new things, and start each day (if you are an early riser—I’m not) with yoga at sunrise. How good is that? This is deep in the pine forests of Wisconsin with lakes and vistas at every turn. For those of you who are trying to find it on a map, it is WAY up north!

No comments: