NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, June 20, 2008

Recently read: Linda Woods and Karen Dinino’s Journal Revolution



I love the words and pictures by these sisters. I often laugh out loud at their wry comments and witty suggestions. The subtitle of this book not only clarifies the content, but showcases their humor: Rise up and create! Art journals, personal manifestos and other artistic insurrections. The Table of Contents carries on the theme, with chapters titled “Tactical Maneuvers,” “Crack the Code,” and “Take Cover.” You gotta love it! The beautifully illustrated book contains step-by-step details on a variety of techniques to use in your collages, as well as recommendations to increase creativity and productivity.

No comments: