NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Julie Cameron and the Ta Dah! List



Earlier this summer as I began Cameron’s The Artist’s Way, I also started reading her book, The Writing Diet: Write Yourself Right-Size. This is a wonderful book no matter what your weight. Cameron leads you on a journey of self-exploration, with many suggestions not only for fitness, but for other life challenges. One I particularly liked was her suggestion to toss your To Do Lists and instead do Ta Dah! Lists. I immediately followed her advice, adding a Ta Dah! List to my daily Field Report (another one of her suggestions from this book). Now, I don’t worry about what I have to do when I get up in the morning. Instead, I celebrate each accomplishment as I complete it. And guess what, I’m getting much more done now. I’m even actually finding myself tackling things that have been on yellowing old To Do Lists for years—I just seem to find the perfect time to handle things now. The other great thing about the book is the cover design. Is that creative design or what?

No comments: