NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recently read: Nevada Barr’s Liberty Falling



A friend told me about Barr’s thrillers about U.S. Park Service ranger Anna Pigeon. The books are well-written, place Pigeon in a variety of locations (all federal parks), and keep your attention. Pigeon is staying at the rangers’ residence on Liberty Island to be close to her hospitalized sister. Strange happenings and death are plaguing the site, and Anna finds herself splitting her time between her sister’s bedside and the crumbling ruins of the unrestored area of Ellis Island. One of the great things about Barr’s books is the information provided. . In this one, we get to explore the public and back areas of Ellis Island and Liberty Island: the history, the buildings, the monuments, and their part in the American Dream.

No comments: