NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, October 13, 2008

A new class means it’s time for a new student blog



I had such a good time using blogs last year in my classes. This fall the only class I was teaching was Speech, and although I thought and thought, I just couldn’t see where blogging would be a component of a speech class. With the start of a new quarter and a new class, I have another opportunity. I’ve set up a blog for my Interpersonal Relations class—check it out at http://ericasinterpersonalclass.blogspot.com/

The same week I created my current class blog, I also received a wonderful email from a teacher who had contacted me this summer. She had asked for my input about blogging in the classroom and we emailed back and forth. Here is her email: “I just wanted to check in and thank you for your helpful tips on students' blogging. I did try it this semester and the results have been phenomenal. I use it mostly to have the students react to the assigned readings and they feel very comfortable doing it like this....bottom line, they actually do it. In prior years when I asked students to keep a journal, nothing actually happened! So hooray.”

I love it!

No comments: