NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Art journal writing




My first page of my art journal, created July 6, 2009.

Earlier this summer, I began art journaling in earnest as a result of all the delightful art journal books I’ve been dipping into (such as Violette’s Journal Bliss). Since June 2008, I have been writing what Julia Cameron calls “morning pages” in her inspiring book, The Artist’s Way. Now, I start my days whenever possible writing three “morning pages,” and then selecting the first color for the page from my Blick Studio markers. Yes, this does take up some valuable morning time, yet the benefit I get is worth it. And several days a week I do have to go out into the world Unwritten and Un-Arted . . .

No comments: