NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Recently read: Jill Paton Walsh’s The Bad Quarto



This is a light read and fun for those who like British cozies, academic settings, and lots of literary clues. Imogen Quy, the nurse at St. Agatha’s College in Cambridge, solves another crime while making sure students, whether climbers or actors, are in as best of health as possible. Some things are beyond her ability to heal, such as the death of a Shakespearean scholar who attempted the traditional challenge of jumping from Harding’s Folly. Lots of quotes from Hamlet, atmospheric descriptions, and witty conversation.

No comments: