NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recently read: Henning Makell’s Firewall



This Swedish author is one of my favorite novelists. This book is part of his police procedural series featuring Inspector Kurt Wallander. A man is found dead at an ATM (well, whatever they are called in Swedish). A cab driver is beaten to death apparently by two teenage girls who have quickly confessed to the crime. As usual, Wallander doesn’t just look at the surface and scoop up the easy results. The more he and his team look into the circumstances surrounding each death, the odder each death seems. And more deaths keep coming.

No comments: