NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, August 13, 2009

Getting things done




The auditorium of the Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater looks exactly the same to audiences now as to audiences in 1890.

Last night my friend Heidi and I were whimpering about how we never seem to be able to complete our good ideas. Yes, we know it has a lot to do with the fact that not completing things is one way to “never fail.” It is still not acceptable to either one of us. Heidi had a burst of energy this week after her daughter noted to her that “you never seem to finish things, Mom.” Heidi has now cleared up several projects that were gathering dust. And today, I finally cleared up one of my huge projects that I’ve successfully avoided completing for eight months: my book proposal! The query is 55 pages, including 3 sample chapters of my proposed book, Ready for Act Three: the Restoration of the Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater. I trotted off to the post office this morning and sent it certified mail to the Minnesota Historical Society Press. I’ll keep everyone posted on what happens!

1 comment:

jayneleni said...

Congratulations! Can't wait for more news...