NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recently read: Guillermo Martinez’ The Oxford Murders



Martinez, well known enough outside of his native Argentina to have his novels be translated in 20 languages, sets this mystery in contemporary England. The narrator, a charming graduate student, comes to Oxford to discover his landlady murdered. A renowned Oxford logician pairs up with the narrator and they decide the murder is the first of a series that uses a mathematical theory as its guide. A complicated plot, well-done characters, and plenty of intellectual stimulation makes this a good read. I’m tracking down other books by this author.

No comments: