NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Recently read: Wendy Bartlett’s Cellini’s Revenge



This book, subtitled The Mystery of the Silver Cups, is an intriguing blend of intrigue, history and art. It takes us back to the time of silversmith Benvenuto Cellini and the voyage of his silver cups, dipping into England in the early years of the 20th century, the 1950s, and ending up in present day London. I met Bartlett several years ago at the San Francisco Writers’ Conference, where she won second prize for the opening chapter of this book. The intricate plot involves a murder, wrongful imprisonment, mysterious characters, DNA and art history.

No comments: