NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, December 20, 2009

Combining art and words: Kowitt’s poetry book and Marney’s workshop



A while back I mentioned Kowitt’s book, In the Palm of Your Hand. It is a poetry workshop that takes you through structured exercises in the construction of a variety of poem formats and subjects. I am slowly working my way through it (I am such a BAD poet!). As I was laboring over a poem about a childhood memory, it dawned on me that it would be fun to combine the poetry workshop with Marney Makridakis’ Me-Flections art workshop through Artella (http://www.artellaland.com ). So, I am using the art topic and the poem exercise together to see what evolves, and seeing the results as I create a small book of illustrated poems.

No comments: