NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, December 28, 2009

Red ink means more than just edits




In my college classes, I spend time on multicultural communications and the importance of being aware of how different cultures view things. I always learn something new myself as well. This quarter one of my students told me that in many parts of Asia, red ink is viewed as a death threat. I assured everyone I wasn’t issuing any death threats . . .

For more information on cultural issues and education, check out this paper published for a Canadian conference on understanding Asian students at http://www.catesol.org/Kuwahara.pdf

No comments: