NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Recently read: Carol Lea Benjamin’s The Hard Way



This is the second book I’ve read featuring New Yorker Rachel Alexander. A dog trainer turned private investigator, Alexander combs the haunts of the city’s homeless to find information on the death of a clothing designer. Hired by the man’s daughter, the more Alexander learns, the more she, too, is convinced that Gardner Redstone’s fall onto the subway tracks was no accident. Helped by a homeless Iraqi War vet, Alexander and her dog track down the truth.

1 comment:

Sue Hill said...

Hi, Erica - thanks for educating me! Carol Lea Benjamin's "Mother Knows Best - The Natural Way to Train Your Dog" was one of the first dog training books that I latched onto (many years ago), and I have several copies that I loan out. Not surprisingly (as a dog-lover, you know this), she promotes dog training as her primary interest on her website.

P.S. Stay warm! (Sue Hill)