NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recently read: Laurie R. King’s The Art of Detection



I had read several of King’s books years ago, liked them, and forgot about them until a friend reminded me. This one featuring San Francisco homicide detective Kate Martinelli charmingly weaves a group of serious Sherlock Holmes fanatics, a long-lost story that may be by Arthur Conan Doyle, a modern-day murder full of Doyle-like convoluted clues, and life in contemporary California into a suspenseful thriller. Well worth reading, and I’ll be looking for more of King’s books.

No comments: