NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, January 3, 2010

Recently read: Jill Badonsky’s Awe-manac



I love Badonsky’s art, writing, and humor. Last spring, I bought her Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder, and have been reading a page a day. So, technically, I haven’t READ this book yet, since I won’t have finished my reading till June, but given the start of the new year, I decided to write a Recently Half-Read review. Love this book! Badonsky’s illustrations are delightful, she has components of traditional almanacs such as famous birthdays and quotations, and she also sprinkles her own gems throughout the pages. Her writing and art prompts (referred to as Aha-Phrodisiacs) are varied and fun with categories like Title Wave, Word Pool, Repeated Completions, Starter Fluid and Viewfinders. And who can resist starting each day with such wisdom and advice as Daily Soul Vitamins, “I Get To” spells, Journal Juju, and Words from FOOOF.

No comments: