NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Grants: look at other events

Another way to track down potential grant sources is by checking out where are other grants coming from. Notice when there is a project, performance, or initiative—is there a funding source credited? For example, I write a grant for the Menomonie Library every summer. I submit the grant to the Wisconsin Center for the Book/Wisconsin Authors & Illustrators Speak, which is part of the Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters. See http://www.wisconsinacademy.org/about/index.php We receive one of ten grants to pay for writers to speak as part of our Lake Menomin Writers Series. Every press release, poster, and program credits the granting agencies. Paying attention to event sponsors will give you contact information for grant sources. Look around at events, both similar to what you have in mind and not similar. Chances are there was a grant involved and the grantor will be credited.

No comments: