NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, February 18, 2008

The Writing Show



Image from Dover Publications at http://store.doverpublications.com

The Writing Show, a web site providing information and inspiration for writers, is starting a Makeover Series. I love the idea, even though I’ve never watched any reality TV show whatever. When you enter, you submit a chapter of your novel. The chapter will be posted, as will the editor’s comments. By entering, you’ll get a professional critique of your work. Then, once you’ve mulled over the editor’s comments and how you’ll revise the chapter, the Writing Show will create a podcast of you and the editor. According to the web site, “the whole point is to open up a window on the revision process, not to force you to work a certain way.”

If you want to participate, submit your novel chapter by March 31. There is no entry fee. If you don’t choose to enter, then be sure to check back on the web site to see the various submissions and and learn from the revisions. For information, see http://www.writingshow.com/index.html

1 comment:

Paula B. said...

Thanks so much for mentioning our new makeover series, Erica! It should provide some great insights into both the writing and editing process and help us all become better writers.

Best,
Paula B.
The Writing Show