NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, February 15, 2008

Recently read: Sam Harrison’s Ideaspotting



This book is composed of brief suggestions, quotes, examples, and ideas that are meant to spark creativity, all designed to help you achieve the book’s subtitle: How to Find Your Next Great Idea. I did find it inspiring, and there were a number of techniques that were new to me. The main problem with this book, however, is that the book designer got too enthralled with making each page look like a work of sophisticated and understated art—she succeeded. Unfortunately, the design makes much of the book virtually unreadable. Shame on not only the designer, but also the publishing firm for producing a book with dark tan pages with slightly less dark print alternating with very light light tan pages and white print. There are some pages, however, that actually are readable because the designer accidently used black print, so it may be worth the cost of the book for you to get those few nuggets of wisdom.

No comments: