NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Inspiration from web links






What inspires you? Great art? Music? Being outdoors? What web sites and blogs give you new ideas?


I was just talking to a friend the other day. She was interested in improving her writing and improving her health, while continuing her current job as a psychologist and her ongoing vocation as an artist. Immediately, the wonderful web site Artella, and its Daily Muse newspaper sprang to mind as a perfect source of inspiration for her. And, with just a few more mind-hops, I realized it was time to remind everyone of some of the blogs, web sites, and their links that have enriched my life over the past year. I'll be doing a series discussing inspiring sites that I visit daily and am always inspired. In each case, you can sign up for emails when there are new postings.

The first site is Artella: a community for creative spirits at http://www.artellawordsandart.com/ This site has all sorts of things to dip into to refresh your creativity. You can buy items to make your own art, books, or journals. You can buy other people’s art, books, and journals. You can take e-courses in things ranging from collage materials to business planning; from creating balance in your life to involving children in art. There are even books to help you organize your closet. In addition to the web site, Artella’s Daily Muse newspaper is well worth the small monthly charge to subscribe.

No comments: