NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, February 28, 2008

Inspiration from web links Part 2



French-word-a-day at http://french-word-a-day.typepad.com/ is written by an American photographer and writer who is married to a Frenchman. This blog is a delight! This is an excellent resource for inspiring photos of the south of France, where they live, or of their travels. Karen Espinasse also provides quotes and sayings in French and English, blogs about daily events that are far more interesting than my daily events, and regales us with tales of their adventures establishing a new vineyard. She sprinkles French words into her writings, with the definitions below. You can buy books on food, history, memoirs, interior design and a whole range of other subjects related to France, including Espinasse’s own book, Words in a French Life: Lessons of Love and Language in the south of France. You can also buy French language learning tapes, and often you can hear Espinasse or various other family members read in French. Thus you can not only improve your ability to read French, but also improve your pronunciation. And, if that still isn’t enough to tempt you, you can click on the link to her husband’s web site and learn about wine and their Rouge-Bleu vintage. Blogs just don't get better than this, and this is the one that inspired me to start mine.

No comments: