NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, May 19, 2008

Copyrights—when to register your work




There are some reasons to register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office. According to its web site at http://www.copyright.gov/, one reason is to place your work into the public record. If there are ever any questions, whether legal or ethical, about your right to a specific work, having registered it will be to your advantage. You can register your created work at any time, and publication does not change it.

For registration procedures and current cost, contact the Library of Congress/Copyright Office at 202-707-3000 or visit its web site at http://www.copyright.gov/ The office is located at U.S. Copyright Office, 101 Independence Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20559-6000

No comments: