NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, May 26, 2008

Remembering Memorial Day



I think it is important on a holiday to remember the original reason for the day (besides sales and higher gas prices). Originally called Decoration Day (to decorate the graves of those who have passed), it specifically honors those who died in the military. Congress enacted it after the Civil War to honor the Union soldiers. Please take a moment to remember those who have died in all the wars since.

No comments: