NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, May 16, 2008

Minnesota Crime Wave


Minnesota Crime Wave is in fact three Minnesota crime authors, all best-selling writers whose mysteries have a solid following. The authors are:
  1. William Kent Krueger, whose Cork O’Connor series set in northern Minnesota includes Iron Lake, Boundary Waters, Purgatory Ridge, and Blood Hollow. His most recent book is Copper River. (See my review of April 3, 2008)/


  2. Ellen Hart, whose award winning novels number more than 20, has twice won the Minnesota Book Award for Best Crime and Detective Fiction. Her series books include the Jane Lawless Series and the Sophie Greenway Series. Her latest book is Night Vision.


  3. Carl Brookins, an avid sailor, writes the sailing mystery series featuring Michael Tanner and Mary Whitney. The series includes Inner Passages, A Superior Mystery, and Old Silver. He is also the author of the detective novel, The Case of the Greedy Lawyers.


    I think it's a great idea that these three writers joined up for marketing and speaking events. As friends, they also provide inspiration and editorial comments for each other. We had them as presentors for the Lake Menomin Writers Series last year. They came in their costumes and had as much fun as we in the audience did. For more information, visit their web site at http://www.minnesotacrimewave.org/

No comments: