NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Web can be a writer’s new best friend



Between market access, web sites, e-media like e-zines and e-books, self-publishing, and blogs, the Web can be a powerful tool to help you connect with readers. There are hundreds of writer-communities on the Internet, from web sites with useful articles to online workshops. Jon, who is in the Writers Guild with me, brought in an article on two more Web-related writing sites: TheNextBigWriter and Booksie (love that name!)


TheNextBigWriter at http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/index.html has two types of membership. As a writing member, you pay a fee, and you can post your writing, get feedback, have your writing ranked, and be considered for awards. As a review member, there is no fee and you can read all you want and post your comments in the forum.


Booksie at http://www.booksie.com/ is free. You can share your writing with everyone.


Both of these are worth a closer look when I get some time. Let me know if you have experience with either one.

1 comment:

Cindy Daniels said...

I stumbled across your Blog looking for my page. I love TheNextBigWriter! The level of writing on the site is professional and many of the writers are published. It's a great place to get feedback and rub shoulders with other writers.

Booksie is good also (I think they are run by the same company). I generally read more on the site but others might like to publish there.

Cindy