NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Have fun, do good blog



The Have fun, Do Good blog at http://havefundogood.blogspot.com/index.html is an interesting spot to pop in to. Britt Bravo is a consultant and coach who helps people and organizations realize their vision. Her blog provides a practical and delightful way to think and live from a different perspective. It’s dedicated to people who want to have fun while making the world a better place. I’ve always thought that there was no particular virtue in charitable or beneficial actions performed with a sour face and grudging spirit. Why not enjoy doing good in the world? See her 8/6/08 post on secondhand bookstores and how to increase the store’s ability to improve the community (beyond the fact, as Britt points out, that bookstores, especially independent ones, do good just by existing!).

No comments: