NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, September 14, 2008

I feel another art hobby coming upon me!

My huge hamper of materials from 2 Sisters' Things

For years, my creativity was expressed solely through the written word. That’s fine, only that was also how I earned my living. As a result, I always believed my vision was limited by only using one medium. Creating collages allowed me a non-word outlet that revitalized my writing on all levels—from fiction to fact. At the end of August I indulged myself by ordering a basket of ephemera and mixed media materials from 2 Sisters’ Things: Supplies for the Mixed Media Artist (www.2SistersThings.com ). I received a large wicker hamper FILLED with cool things: old playing cards, sheets of antique music, pages from books, art reproductions, doll heads, buttons galore, and the list could go on and on. I hadn’t really thought about doing mixed media art, but who can resist now? After all, we DO have some free wall space in our house that is begging for a concoction of netting, a full-size parasol, a black satin glove, and a montage of doll parts!

No comments: