NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, September 18, 2008

Recently read: Jane Haddam’s Glass Houses



Haddam is always enjoyable. I LOVE retired FBI honcho Gregor Demarkian and the usual cast of Armenian-American neighbors. This book has a complex plot with even more characters and suspects than usual. The action weaves through the wide variety of Philadelphia neighborhoods, from the rich to the destitute. A serial killer seems to be on the loose, attacking middle-aged women in alleyways. The detective team heading the investigation is about as dysfunctional as they can be, to the point where even the police are happy to have a consultant called in. The only complaint I have is that in this book the relationship between Demarkian and Bennis didn’t ring true. Fortunately, it was only a very minor subplot here. I usually like Bennis and their interactions, but I found myself impatient with her this time. Still worth reading.

No comments: