NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recently read: Julia Cameron’s Artist’s Way



I hadn’t ever come across Julia Cameron until early this summer, a fact that surprises me since so many people I know have read her books. My oversight of her must have been because her books are what I needed RIGHT NOW rather than earlier in my life. I just completed the 12-week program detailed in her book, The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity. This has been a life-changing book for me. I diligently followed her steps each week: writing every morning, having weekly Artist’s Dates, reading the assigned chapter each week, and doing the tasks. I have had innumerable insights, dealt with some issues (like that nasty little voice that silently criticizes everyone else at the slightest irritant), and have increased my creative output significantly. My former anal relationship with time, planning and “doing it right” has blossomed into a way of daily living that allows for room to grow and create. I have new ideas, made progress on my nonfiction book (more on that soon), and am not afraid to create. Oh, and I am getting deliciously over-run with collages! I am pausing to absorb what I learned from this book before continuing on my journey with Julia in her subsequent book, Walking in the World. For more information on this inspiring and highly prolific writer, see her web site at http://www.theartistsway.com/

No comments: