NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, September 19, 2008

Teaching and writing—perfect companions



Sometimes writing is a solitary occupation. Many writers spend their time hunched over their keyboards, writing, researching on the Internet, and staring at their screensaver searching for inspiration. I am so lucky in that I’m able to mitigate the loneliness of writing with teaching a few classes each year.

For four years, I’ve taught 1-3 Communications classes (business writing, oral/interpersonal communications, and speech) at Chippewa Valley Technical College’s Menomonie and River Falls campuses. This fall, I’m teaching an evening speech class in River Falls.

In a week, I’ll also begin teaching at the new Globe University location in Eau Claire. I’ll teach Interpersonal Relations twice a week. I’m looking forward to participating in the growth of Globe University/Minnesota School of Business. Globe University is expanding into Wisconsin with its Eau Claire site. It’s always fun to be part of something new.

No comments: