NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Alternative health care: a viable option



Everyone, whether supporters of alternative health care or traditional Western medicine, will tell you to eat your fruits and veggies. Image from http://www.megacollage.com/images/index.html

I have faith in Western medicine, but I also believe that alternative health care is effective. Because I am a heart patient, when I supplement my traditional care with other forms, I like to go to practitioners that are careful to furnish services that will not interfere with what my MD wants me to do. One of the many things that amazed me when I moved up to this predominately rural part of Wisconsin from Madison was the number of alternative health care options available.

Wherever you live, check out what’s available in biofeedback, rekei, color therapy, reflexology, massage therapy, acupuncture, angel therapy, foot detox treatments, homeopathy, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy and other practices. Chiropractors are often excellent sources for information, as are yoga centers and natural food stores.

No comments: