NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Saturday, April 19, 2008

Passover



The Jewish festival of Passover starts at sundown and continues for seven day. It begins on the 15th day of the month of Nisan (today), which is the first month in the Hebrew calendar. Passover includes various prayer services and foods that all have meaning, as Passover remembers the exodus of the Jews from Egypt. Despite being someone who was raised in no organized religion, I appreciate the importance of having rituals and ceremonies that go back in history, commemorate beliefs held by generations, and provide a framework for the past, present and future.

No comments: