NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April is National Poetry Month.



Poems are not just for greeting cards.


The Academy of American Poets took all the official holiday-making steps, including getting an act through Congress. The result was that beginning in 1996, April is designated a month for celebrating poetry. The Academy’s aim was to increase public and media awareness of poetry, poets, and our poetic heritage. Excellent goal. To learn more about the Academy, visit their web site at http://www.poets.org/

No comments: