NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, April 11, 2008

My father turned 87



Carl and my father having a celebratory birthday drink.

Yesterday we spent the day celebrating my father’s birthday—87 years young. We went to the Minneapolis Art Institute (http://www.artsmia.org/ ), where my father has been a member for 65 years. We ate a magnificent lunch in institute’s restaurant, and then lingered in the permanent collections of European and American paintings. We loved the fact we ran into my friend Victoria. And hated the fact that we had to drive home through the metropolitan traffic in weather conditions that included rain, freezing rain, and snow. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

SteveInMadison said...

What a great picture of the gentlemen in your life. Carl looks so trim & happy and your father looks as bright eyed as ever. Say hello to everyone lil penguin.
Steve