NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, July 6, 2008

The new Creamery Restaurant & Inn in Downsville



True to the American spirit of holiday celebrations, we not only ate and drank and socialized on Friday, the Fourth of July, but we also ate and drank and socialized on Saturday, too! We went with two dear friends to the new Creamery Restaurant in nearby Downsville. We’ve been dedicated patrons of the restaurant for years, even when we lived 225 miles south in Madison. It closed in February when the original owners sold it, and it just reopened on June 20. The new owners, Terry Vajgrt and Paula Williams-Vajgrt, have beautifully redecorated, maintaining the elegant simple feel of the old creamery, while making their own mark on it. Art still fills the walls, but now it is by artist Clay Vajgrt, Terry’s brother.

And the best news of all—the tradition of excellent food and service continues! The five of us all had different starters (I had the smoked trout cakes), and different entries. I worried about room for dessert, so instead of an entrée, I had two sides of perfectly cooked and seasoned asparagus and fingerling potatoes. We also each had different desserts, which we also shared I had the balsamic strawberries and panna cotta. Everything was magnificent.

2 comments:

Clay Vajgrt said...

HI Erica,
Thank you so much for the wonderful post about our New Creamery Restaurant+ Inn. We are glad you had a great experience there as that is what we try to give everyone that comes to see us! My Partners in this venture Terry, Jennifer, and Paula Vajgrt all extend our gratitude and we hope when you come to visit us again that you introduce yourself to one of us.
Cheers
Clay Vajgrt
http://www.thenewcreamery.com

Clay Vajgrt said...

HI Erica,
Thank you so much for the wonderful post about our New Creamery Restaurant+ Inn. We are glad you had a great experience there as that is what we try to give everyone that comes to see us! My Partners in this venture Terry, Jennifer, and Paula Vajgrt all extend our gratitude and we hope when you come to visit us again that you introduce yourself to one of us.
Cheers
Clay Vajgrt
http://www.thenewcreamery.com