NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A visit from a dear friend



My friend Susie teaches at the embassy school in Abbis Abada, Ethiopia. She gets the prize for “Most Exotic Places Visited” since, when school is not in session, she’s on safari in Nairobi, at the bazaar in Cairo, on the beach at Bali, and occasionally back in the Midwest. Susie can now add the Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater in Menomonie to her list of splendid sites seen. Oh, and she’s also now eaten in the Zanzibar restaurant in Menomonie (as well as restaurants on the island of Zanzibar in Tanzania). Susie has taught in Mali and Japan,too. Now, is this an exciting career for a teacher or what?!! Here’s a web site to check out for information on teaching internationally http://www.english-schools.org/ethiopia/index.htm

No comments: