NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recently read: Victoria Moran’s Younger by the Day



I am one of the legions of women who read everything Moran writes in her many books, magazine articles, and online newsletters. This book, with the subtitle “365 ways to rejuvenate your body and revitalize your spirit” is another book of wisdom that belongs on everyone’s book shelf. Like many Books of Days, this has information and suggestions for every day of the year. I find that Moran’s ideas and recommendations resonate with me. She gives themes for each month (July is “Freedom” and August is “Ease”), and schedules “play days” on the 15th and 30th of the month. I read it straight through and am now going one day at a time in march step with the calendar. In my first read-through, I started to turn down page corners where there were specific things that really called to me, but quickly realized that would result in almost EVERY page being turned down! Other books by Moran I’ve found inspiring include Creating a Charmed Life, Fit from Within, and Lit from Within. If you haven’t discovered Moran yet—you must! Her web site is http://www.victoriamoran.com/ and her blog is http://charmedlifeblog.blogspot.com/

No comments: